Monday, November 9, 2015

Research Thing 15: managing research data

I and some of my colleagues at my campus have had questions from academics regarding organising data files using naming conventions. It is very important, from the start, to name and label data in a way that makes it easily retrievable when needed. Apart from organising the files in a logical order and with metadata, storing the digital data in a secure way is crucial. I learnt about CloudStor in a previous lesson, which is a useful tool for storing data in the cloud. I have more to learn about this area of research and how we, as librarians, can use our organisational skills and expertise, to assist or advise researchers about naming conventions for their data files and storage options.

1 comment:

  1. thanks...getting those basics like naming conventions is just so crucial.

    ReplyDelete