Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's a wrap!

I must say I really enjoyed learning about Web 2.0 technologies. I already knew and used some of these, but Library 23 Things has broadened my knowledge of what is available and the potential to tap into these tools for use in our personal lives and and in our profissional capacity. This experience has influenced my lifelong learning goals by making me aware that understanding and adapting to the modern world of technology is an ongoing process. You never stop learning. Basically, librarians need to be able to adapt, change, accommodate and accept that this is the way people are communicating, finding and using information today. Librarians cannot be resistant to this change and remain "traditional".

I am definitely going to explore some of these tools in greater depth in my own time because I am curious to learn more. I would definitely recommend this program to other staff. The more "buy-in" we get, the more we can collaborate and make the necessary changes that reflect upon what technologies our users and clientele are currently using.

No comments:

Post a Comment