Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thing 16 - Sharepoint

Sharepoint has a lot of potential which we need to tap into. In My Site, I have added my avatar, written a few things about me and created a blog (it's just finding the time to write the blog).

As liaison librarians, Sharepoint can be used to:
  • Create discussion threads to share information on certain topics;
  • Set up meetings with documents attached;
  • Share resources that we can take and adapt (eg. lesson plans, presentation and notes);
  • Create tasks.

Wikis in Sharepoint are useful for things like Procedures and or, as it says in the definition "to share knowledge, brainstorm ideas, collaborate with your team on a design, create an instruction guide, build an encyclopedia of knowledge". I think the wiki is useful place to share any common or tricky questions we get locally at the desk (Stathfield has a section in Sharepoint) that perhaps relates to assignments. We have a procedures manual I would like to transfer to a wiki that would mkae updating it easy and the links are live!

Blogs can be created on designated subject disciplines to provide news on information literacy ideas, new resources of interest, and any anecdotes.

I love Sharepoint's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment