Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thing 3 - Consider your personal brand

What came up on the first page of a search of my name in Google included:
  • LinkedIn
  • Academia.edu
  • Facebook
  • My name somewhere on a libguide
  • Pinterest account
  • Google Plus account
  • Diigo account
Apart from one or two entries that referred to a cousin of the same name, they were mostly social media accounts that I have created and yes, they referred to me and my personal or professional branding.On the second page were images of me! That was confronting. Apart from professional photos I use as profile pictures on my social media accounts were a stack of photos from my dancing performances that I have been tagged in or uploaded to accounts like Picasa. It really does give a picture of who you are in the social media sphere, from all your accounts to images. It therefore is important to maintain consistency with a form of branding, like profile picture or colours used. I haven't really done this so I may need to look into it.

All my online presence does tell a story of who I am, both my professional achievements, my connections and my also my personal achievements and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment