Thursday, September 24, 2015

Research Thing 6 - managing your online research networks

I have accounts with both Academia.edu and LinkedIn . I can't say I have updated them recently. I do endorse people's skills and they endorse my skills in LinkedIn. I once had a job offer via LinkedIn, so it is a useful way to market your skills and qualifications, and link to interest groups to follow the latest information and stories. Luckily I am quite happy in my role so I didn't take the offer :).

As for Mendeley, it is great for researchers to colalborate, share information in public and private groups (only in a private group can you annotate a PDF in Mendeley). I am doing Mendeley Librarians Certification program and I have until 30th September to finish. I have finished 1 and 2 and this weekend I will try and complete 3. It was a fair bit of work, but a great learning opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment