Thursday, October 15, 2015

Research Thing 11: Web conferencing and communication tools

I have used Skype for personal purposes and also paid a small fee to be able to call home when I was overseas. It is sooo much cheaper to call a landline using Skype when overseas. I have used the chat, and video conferencing features and find it easy to use.

I have had a brief training session on Adobe Connect with an IT staff member as I hosted a webinar on it. At first it was a bit daunting, but then it was all OK. There have been occasions when using Adobe Connect, there have been some technical issues, but it is still useful for webinars nontheless.

I can see how these tools can be used, especially when researchers  collaborate or HDR students need a conference call with their supervisor.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks...you seem across all the options! Tatum mentions "“With adobe the layout is established by the presenter is set up within the frame of the classroom and it’s exactly what your audience sees (ie, everyone has a pdf link on the left side of the screen) – this saves so much time for structured teaching” but it does take some time to get used to.

    ReplyDelete